I – OUR ECOSYSTEM
1. Who are we?
The Direction du Développement Economique, de l’Emploi et de l’Innovation in Courbevoie (Department of Economic Development, Employment and Innovation of Courbevoie) is committed to developing a vibrant local economy. Namely, we use, develop and channel the economic, educational and innovative dynamism that fuels our fantastic local environment, home to the La Défense business district.
31 avenue Marceau
Tel. : +33 (0)1 71 05 72 17 / +33 (0)1 71 05 76 73
2. Our skills
Develop synergies and solutions to invent the City of Tomorrow that is more sustainable, more competitive and more intelligent.
Entrepreneurship : : we help you
- Create and develop your company
- Set up your premises here in Courbevoie
- Leverage development opportunities and networking
Finding a job : we help you
- Define your strategy
- Maximize your potential
- Recruit new team members
Innovation : we help you
- Connect innovation players
- Support start-ups
- Anticipate economic and social transformations
3. Our partners
We work in partnership with local institutions and organisations that play a key role in the local economy, jobs, training, entrepreneurship and innovation.
4. An exceptional economic fabric
Courbevoie-La Défense belongs to a very dynamic employment area with 1.6 jobs per active working adult. It brings together a remarkable entrepreneurial ecosystem demonstrating a rich, diverse economic fabric:
- Headquarters of international and CAC 40 listed companies
- Numerous SME / SOHO and start-ups
- Remarkable network of universities and grandes écoles (leading colleges in business and engineering)
- A melting pot of local, craft business
The Economic Observatory is an annual reference tool that provides a global and synthetic vision with key figures relating to Courbevoie’s economic activity, as well as recent socio-economic data for the Paris Ouest La Défense area.
- 1,000+ companies created in Courbevoie-La Défense every year (namely 1,293 in 2016)
- 11,216 active companies – across all sectors
- 96,720 jobs in Courbevoie, namely 10% of the jobs available in the Hauts-de-Seine département
Courbevoie is home to La Défense, No.1 European and leading international business district. It was also ranked the 4th most appealing business district in the world by Ernst & Young and the Urban Land Institute in November 2017.
Most companies with their HQ in La Défense belong to the service sector – Total, Technip France, Engie, Areva, Saint-Gobain, Société Générale, Crédit Agricole Corporate, Ernst & Young and KPMG all have their headquarters at La Défense.
Key figures: Paris La Défense
- The PARIS OUEST LA DÉFENSE territorial institution
PARIS OUEST LA DÉFENSE (POLD) is a public territorial institution within le Grand Paris area in the Hauts-de-Seine département. Comprising 11 towns including Courbevoie, this strategic area is highly attractive and competitive.
- PARIS REGION
We work in close partnership with the Paris Region in the context of the Schéma Régional de Développement Economique, d’Innovation et d’Internationalisation SRDEII (Regional Strategy for Economic Development, Innovation and Globalisation)
II – ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. Our support services
In Courbevoie, the Direction du Développement Économique, Emploi et Innovation provides economic players with support packages.
We give companies tools to set up in Courbevoie-La Défense, support their development and inform them about the local economic environment.
THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP OFFICE
The Entrepreneurship Office is a free programme designed to support entrepreneurs at every step of their project via 3 dedicated “packages”:
- Creation Pack: designed to help local project holders to set up new projects with guidance from experts including building their business plans, choosing their status, informing them about legal regulations, market studies, and financing opportunities.
- Development Pack: designed for early development stage companies to drive their development strategy between year 1 to 3, including building their commercial strategy, digital strategy, promotions, looking for their premises/office space, manager protection, financing, legal and accounting consulting.
- Growth Pack: designed to guide companies that are at least 3 years old, in their investments, recruitment, international development and networking issues.
We also propose:
- The Entrepreneur Café: a monthly networking gathering that connects entrepreneurs and generate new business opportunities.
- “Pitch Créa”: that provides budding entrepreneurs and newly launched companies with the opportunity to present their projects to a mini panel of experts who provide them personalised advice over a 6-month period.
2. Our events
Our economic activity is enhanced by highlights – including conferences, round tables and trade fairs – throughout the year to:
- Facilitate enterpreneurial adminstration
- Enrich professional exchanges
- Present trends and best business practises
- Inspire through testimonials from well-known entrepreneurs
III – JOBS
1. Our support services
Under the Attractive Emploi label, we activate an array of key levers for launching a successful professional project.
- Job seekers: coaching path run by experts and available to anyone living in Courbevoie wishing to be supported in their professional project or job search.
- Job seekers with a business creation project: support optimising your situation whether as an employee and/or as an entrepreneur.
- People who are changing carreer: the Attractive Emploi offers you bespoke support. It gives you advice and helps you along the way to successfully run your project. It aims to help you find a job consistent with the new carreer you whish to start.
- Companies: assistance for local HR to meet their recruitment needs.
3. The Rendez-vous de l’Emploi
An annual highlight for companies and job seekers, the Rendez-vous de l’Emploi of Courbevoie is the biggest employment event organised in the Hauts-de-Seine Departement.
The Rendez-vous de l’Emploi opens up new professional opportunities and connects talents, bringing together recruiters and candidates in a new and original way.
IV – INNOVATION
1- An innovative area
The Paris Ouest La Défense area is one of the regional leaders in innovation.
The challenge for Paris Ouest La Défense is to adapt to the deep trends transforming our economic landscape – especially with the digital revolution – and encourage companies to find new economic models. By anticipating these changes, the area can accompany local players and seize innovation opportunities and the jobs they generate.
The numerous advantages highlight its high innovation potential:
- Large international groups with their HQ at La Défense
- High level of qualifications
- Large network of SME/SOHO
- Renowned universities and research departments that promote student entrepreneurship
- Home to many incubators, FabLabs and coworking spaces
2- Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense
Courbevoie launched the Prix Attractive Innovation which, in 2016, rewarded 9 of the 120 start-up candidates in the FinTech, Energy, Health/Well-Being, CRS and Open Innovation categories. These awards are one of the few to be organised by a French local community.
In 2017, the Prix Attractive Innovation became the Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense to widen its scope and include innovation players across the POLD area. The Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense is an additional lever within the innovative support and experimentation programme run by POLD, which has been identified as a key sustainable economic area for tomorrow, based on the numerous wide-reaching projects.
3. The Catalyseur de l’innovation et de l’entrepreneuriat (Innovation and entrepreneurship catalyser)
Making innovation a key to the area’s appeal, economic development and competitiveness, Paris Ouest La Défense can rightly position itself as a leading innovation and entrepreneurship facilitator.
Within this context, POLD has set the following objectives:
- Be a cluster for all the area’s innovation resources and initiatives
- Develop a prospective vision of economic transformations and tomorrow’s professions
The Catalyseur is aiming to connect entrepreneur players, facilitate and broadcast innovation within the Paris Ouest La Défense territory, through:
- A programme to promote and value innovation and entrepreneurship
- Central premises – Base 11 – to embody the local open innovation dynamics
- Supporting innovation hubs and platforms focused on local sectors of excellence as well as student entrepreneurship
V – TRAINING & HIGHER EDUCATION
1. Life-long learning
To thrive in a constantly changing job market, we need to continue learning and updating our skills throughout our professional lives. As a springboard for jobs and training, POLD has a key role to play in connecting the players in the closely connected areas of training, higher education and employment.
Based on extensive local experience, Courbevoie-La Défense implements concrete actions with 4 main aims:
- Develop actions to guide and orientate students
- Help young graduates and the unemployed find jobs
- Promote entrepreneurship and innovation for students
- Provide life-long training and upgrade skills
2. Local grandes écoles (French leading colleges in business and engineering) and universities
Courbevoie and La Défense are home to a higher education department with 45,000 students.